Founded in 2011, Amplitude Studios is a subsidiary of the SEGA group, specialized in strategy games.
Already four titles have been commercialized, and all have been positively received: Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Space 2.
The studio recently announced its next title: Humankind, a historical strategy game in which players will be able to lead their civilization from the Neolithic to the modern era, combining different cultures.
The link between Amplitude and its community is at the heart of the studio's philosophy, and the teams are proud to work hand in hand with their players. It is in this spirit that Amplitude has launched Games2Gether, an innovative co-development approach, allowing players to get involved as closely as possible in the game creation process!
We are looking for a Narrative Designer to help us create a rich and authentic narrative background for our games. Under the supervision of the Lead Game Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to develop and implement compelling gameplay-driven scenarios
- Together with programmers and system designers, develop features that deliver high quality and compelling narrative
- In collaboration with the writers define interesting plots, characters, and locations.
- Inspire and be inspired by artists to develop memorable and authentic characters and universe
- Produce and/or maintain detailed game design documentation
- Communicate with programmers, artists, and other members of the design team to create the best narrative design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in the video game industry, in a similar or relevant position
- Fully fluent or native in English
- Have an experience that gives you an understanding of the breadth of work involved in narrative design and writing for games
- See the story potential in numbers and mechanics
- Imagination, curiosity, a love of learning, and an appreciation of details
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, players’ community, artists…)
- Working knowledge of French
- Experience developing narrative for a 4X game
- Studied writing or screenwriting